3 Ağustos 2012 Cuma

PARTICIPANTS :)


Hello Everyone!

Here we will have a part to explain more about ourselves as we are the main core of the project. We are going to know more about eachother and learn more new experiences writing about like; a short description and  background of us along with motivations and interest in media issues! 

Dino Đula

I come from Croatia, precisely from Sinj, a small town in the heart of Dalmatia - the famous coastline region. But I have been studying in Zagreb for quite some time now - 5 years. My profession is Journalism and I’m currently at the end of my MA studies. I have worked on several student TV shows, including some workshops (both like a participant and a lecturer) and my “prime” to this day - working on the best TV station in Croatia in the News. I am a person  with tons of hobbies ranging from hip hop dancing, guitar playing, filmmaking and traveling but includes number of stuff that I’ve done only once but like - like kayaking or rafting etc.
At my Faculty I’ve attended a lot of media-related subject (like that’s new) and the peace was a part of some of those - either as a main topic or a part of the topic. Regarding my personal experiences with it, I have to say that there are not that many - at this moment I am more involved in youth media education which takes a lot of time so I think this conference could/will be a great start. I find it interesting to note that I am a part of a couple of organization (+ NGOs) with different interest and ideas.
I think media is a certain world power that can easily influence the toughest and most fearsome countries. The power of a pen, picture or a short clip is so strong that we have witnessed it changing the public’s opinion on different stuff, but mostly in global conflicts - a sensitive area where media are considered to be both good guys and bad guys. We can discuss my ideas in September, I would be more than glad to =)
My summer plans? I have just returned from a long trip across Europe - from London, Dublin and Edinburgh, to Krakow, Warsaw and Lvov  and, at the end, Berlin. Now, I’m finally back home - in Sinj, with my feet up in the air and without a care for the next 2 weeks (at least).
Sorry to hear that Meg, that you’re stuck in Barcelona... I think a lot of people would be happy to be there ;)
I won’t be adding any pictures, but you are more than welcome to befriend me on Facebook - you can find me easily, just put /dino.djula after the usual facebook.com


Gayane Astoyan

Hello
I am Gayane , I am from  Gyumri, Armenia. Gyumri is a small but nice town in Armenia.
I am an actress, dancer, painter, musician – all in my SOUL :). Since I am deprived of all these talents I became a dreamer and decided to console myself by choosing a profession of a  cultural manager due to which I am surrounded by artists )).
I am an idea-developer and coordinator of cultural and artistic media projects which aim at promoting peaceful-coexistence in the Caucasian Region.  I became involved in peace –building processes of the Caucasus 3 years ago, at that time I was a coordinator of Turkish-Armenian cinema project “Beraber” which means  together in translation from Turkish. I made films together with Armenian and Turkish young people most of them did not even speak a common language; neither Turkish, nor Armenian nor even English, but we had a great success in cooperation.
2) Since I am from a  conflicting  region of the Caucasus, where war can erupt at any instance, peace-building has become crucial for us. However media is not in the process of promoting peace in this region but the opposite it often sharpens the situation. I think we must have our contribution in public media and  become influential, in positive way. We need at least some balance in media, between  “ the good guys and bad guys” ( as Dino mentioned .))
3) As for summer holidays, I don’t have it either:( , but I had final sessions of my study of “Cultural Management”  in Delphi, Greece, so somehow I find it consolation:)


Evangelia Theodoridou


My name is Evangelia and I am from Greece (or Hellas).I am on my last year of studying Journalism and Mass Communication and on January, I am going for audiovisual studies at Nancy, France. The previous academic year I was working in Benaki museum,  Athens and in an Art Theatre. As for the Media background , I have  worked at the communication department of National History Museum, at the library section of Contemporary Art Museum of Thessaloniki and last summer I went to a summer school for journalists at the institute of regional press in Crete. On May I was in Brussels  for Video as an awareness tool programme and for six months I was participating in a programme of investigative journalism about the economic crisis in Hellas. Last but not least I have participated in a programme about the media role at  Roma communities and I have worked as a volunteer at the press office of Thessaloniki’s Documentary  Festival. For me, the media are related to peace more than anyone else. Media is a powerful force, which has the first and the last word about political  images, economic crisis and of course elections. Now, for vacations, I am traveling around Hellas all this summer and on Thursday I am going to Athens, and then Crete, and Samothrace (which is the best place for free camping.)
Petro Zadorozhnyy

My name is Petro Zadorozhnyy, I‘m from Lviv, Ukraine. Lviv is not only one of the most beautiful cities of Ukraine, but also of the Eastern Europe. This year in June Lviv was one of the Euro-2012 hosting cities. If you like old cities, coffee, cafes, candies, chocolate and romantics then Lviv is the best city to visit. Welcome!:)

Talking about myself I‘m interested in press and documentary photography. I have been working in this sphere for several years. I cooperate with Ukrainian information agency UNIAN, Associated Press and RIA Novosti as a non-stuff photographer. In April 2011 I incorporated a photo agency LUFA ( http://lufa.com.ua/en ) with my colleges. We work with media, commercial clients and have our own social projects. There was an opening of the exhibition "Euro-2012 in photos of LUFA agency" in Lviv a few days ago.

I took part in Ukrainian-Polish project "Vyriy", task of which was renovation of Ukrainian graves on the Polish territory, which was always ethnically Ukrainian. The Ukrainians who lived on this land were resettled against there own will by Stalin in 1947.

At the same time I‘m a scoutmaster in the National Scout Organization of Ukraine Plast and also I take part in work of Plast press service as a photographer. In August our Organization Plast celebrates its 100-years anniversary.


You can find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/petro.zadorozhnyy

P.S. I have one problem... :) I‘m bad in English, because I learned German at school and university:)


Marjan Naumoski


Helllloooooo everyone!!

My name is Marjan Naumoski from Prilep, Macedonia.
Prilep is a city located in the south of Macedonia (near Greece).
I’m a graduated graphic engineer at the Technical Faculty in Bitola, at the ‘St. Kliment Ohridski’ University - Bitola, Macedonia.

I was on short-term EVS in Spain in Ciudad Real for 2 mounts.
I have attended many youth exchanges and seminars, involving different subjects (some of them connected with media and also with peace). The were mainly Youth in action or CoE projects,

I am an open-minded, ambitious person and highly motivated and It would be a privilege for me to work on such an interesting and creative project, because it combines all of my fields of interest.

I have acquired practice in pre-press, editing and printing newspapers, newsletters and computer work (both hardware and software) as it is my profession.

I was on holiday in Ohrid, Macedonia. There we have beautiful lake.


Keti Spirkoska

Hello awesome people  :)

I am Keti and I come from very small but beautiful country in the center of the Balkans called Macedonia. It’s been almost 2 months since I came back here from Poland, where I was doing my EVS for 9 months so … that’s the reason that I decided to skip the vacation this summer and stay at home. I am graduated graphic designer … comics lover, photoshop addict, film freak and photography junkie. I am a girl who is trying to express herself through different types of media …( like always it starts from an idea and expands into something different) … but still for me personally, photography is the easiest way to express myself to the others. I started with photography 2006, I don't have a specific photography style, because I am still experimenting with it … and till now I had  participated in several group exhibitions of photography. I am active member in Youth association „Info front – Prilep“ in the design/ publishing sector and EVS mentor for the potential future volunteers.
looking forward to meeting You all in Barcelona

See u soon :)


Mahmoud Magdy 


Hey Friends,

I am Mahmoud Magdy live with 8.45  Million people in Cairo the heart of Egypt :) .I am a student in Electronics and communications Engineering. I have little experience in Video editing and have some Photoshop skills. I have lots of Hobbies as; Drawing, Parachuting, Traveling, Fixing broken stuff and participating in youth work.

I am a member of Development No Borders NGO since 2008, also I am a Financial head in Student Activity Called MUN (Model United Nations), I am very excited to come to Barcelona to explore my talents in such training course.

I am keen on this training course because I am fed up with the Fake Media that publish poisonous news to the Audience that was expanding before the revolution and still some channels have the same concepts of hiding truth from audiences, so that I want to add value to the Media with new, creative and clear methods to deliver noble messages to the audiences. Also I am became more excited about media after I participated in Study Session about using social networks and social media (Facebook ,twitter, YouTube...etc ) as a new tool for Social inclusion.
So let's go and make a change guys ;D .

I am willing to learn from each one of you guys and having so much fun with all of you as well.

Contact me on :

Facebook:  ( Mahmoud Magdy : mody_limo@hotmail.com)
Skype:  ( Mahmoud Magdy : mody_limo@hotmail.com)
Email:  Eng.m.magdy@hotmail.com

See you All in Barcelona ;)

Roman Baluk


Hi, everyone!

I’m Roman Baluk from Lviv, Ukraine. Sorry, but I want to stress that Ukraine is not part of Russia, it's a separate independent state! My friend Petro has already written about our native city Lviv, so I can just join all his description :) Welcome! I’m 22. This summer I’ve graduated from university with master degree of journalism. I‘m interested in press and documentary photography. I have been working in this sphere for several years. Now I’m a staff photographer and journalist in «Western Information Agency». It is a media outlet providing comprehensive and impartial coverage of events in Lviv and Ukraine’s western regions. Also, I cooperate with Ukrainian daily newspaper "THE DAY", and some ather media as a non-stuff photographer.
At the same time I‘m a member of National Scout Organization of Ukraine "Plast" for already 10 years. Also I take part in work of "Plast" press service as a photographer.
I have such hobbies like sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, ultimate frisbee...
You can find me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/romanbalukLooking forward to meeting You all in Barcelona!


Katerina Topalidau

Hello, everyone! My name is Katerina and I was born on a fine, August Sunday some 25 years ago in Thessaloniki (Saloniki, Solun, Salonicco e.t.c.), Greece. Time flies though, and now here I am, another Journalism and Mass Communication graduate.
While trying to finish my studies within a reasonable deadline, I was fortunate enough to collect a rather self-formulating set of experiences in the Media industry. My introduction to journalism involved reporting local stories for the student e-newspaper of my department, and for small magazines and newsletters. My very first experience with TV reporting was during my internship at a local channel, where I actually got to co-host my own weekly TV show concerning social inclusion matters, with emphasis on the handicapped and the various forms of violation of their rights. The experience was rather mind-changing, as my then co-hostess and now best friend is handicapped herself and next to her, I learned what the will to fight for your right to exist really means.
Following the same track, I joined a Media Production company with a very inspiring director, and within 3 years we filmed two environmental documentaries, one of which was actually awarded with the National Television Award in this year’s Thessaloniki’s International Documentary Festival.
My other experiences include participating in a survey by Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, which examined comparatively the websites of all Greek media, and working at a news monitoring company for two years. I also studied for a semester at the University of Vienna, Austria, through the Erasmus programme. Coming this October I will be starting my Master’s degree in Media and Communication science at Ilmenau, Germany. My friends have been placing their bets on how well or bad people overseas will respond to me after I introduce there myself as Greek. To which bets, my answer has naturally been the same for the last couple of months; that I will first go to a training course in Barcelona and practice my peace-building expressing abilities in order to be able to spread awareness.
It sure is impressive how the Media seem to be able to affect people’s beliefs and cultivate either stereotypes and over-simplified points of view or collectively self-admiring notions at will. What I find more impressive, though, is how people who claim we are capable of independent thought, often don’t realize how we tend to interpret news items as credible only when they fall in line with our own, already formulated convictions. I hope we’ll be able to discuss this and more intriguing issues from this Sunday on, and of course enjoy ourselves.

Take care everybody

P.S. You’re welcome to add me on
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/katerina.topalidou
Twitter; https://twitter.com/atopalid
And skype; katetopalid

Nuka Gagua


There are so many wonderful things going on this full of miracles world!  And photography is a chance to catch the moment, put it in your mind for eternity and even hang it on the wall and share with the world with your magic mind! It’s like building inside your own world, moving forward only in a positive direction.
We are the designers of our lives…
 ‘’We are called to be the architects of our future, not it’s victims ’’-Fuller.It’s up to us we will live in Disney-Land or ordinary land…We, people are like butterflies floating in the sky, looking at our lives and thinking, dreaming what it is like? You never  know what miracle can happen to you one day, but the thing is that with photography you can catch it for forever!
Who am I? Really very interesting question for me! To talk formally, I’m a lawyer, journalist, writer, photograph… This is so familiar, but inside I think we are all like small child, looking for themselves somewhere far away. And here comes your camera, and captures you see-wow, here I’m!  But informally I’m a person who tries to find out who she really is, through more communication, visiting more countries, introducing to more cultures, having more friends and hoping that, you participants of this absolutely perfect event will also become her friends.Why is this project more interesting for me? Because  the whole life is and exhibition-exhibition of minds, friends, relations, ideas, dreams, plans, goals, peace, solidarity! We set goal and later exhibit it! The goal of peace, happiness and stability!


   Andreea Udrea
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif


Talking about myself has always been a rather difficult and very hated task, but okay, I guess I can do this one more time.
 So, for starters, I’m Andreea Udrea, from Romania, I’m 18 years old and currently a 12th grade student in highschool.  So as far as formal education is concerned, I don’t really have got much to say. I take pride in only having finished secondary school, since I have yet to graduate highschool.
I’m from a town near Bucharest which is rather dead from a cultural point of view. However, ever since 6th grade or so, I have become really interested in films, meaning that it was then that I decided to have a career in the so-called movie industry. Ever since I entered highschool all my attention got directed towards achieving this ambition. I want to go to a film university, I want to direct films, I wanna do anything which is even remotely close to films.
That’s why in 11th grade I participated in a national film workshop for highschool students during TIFF, in Cluj Napoca. TIFF stands for Transilvania International Film Festival (you’ll see that I have a bag from TIFF). Broadly speaking, it was there where I learned the basics of film making. But of course, they are not enough.

            I love travelling, meeting people from different countries, being active, so that’s why I think I’m gonna enjoy my stay in Vilanova.


Dijana Grgat


Hello dear sunshine people! 
I’m Dijana from Croatia... volunteer, activist & traveller.... Peace? To achieve this noble objective which is to achieve peace, these are all our responsibility and I hope that a better future for all :)
 If we want peace, we need to work for Justice, and one way to work for justice is to spread the idea that we are all connected, and that what happens to one, happens to all. There may be no better way then to symbolize unity then through hugs! :-)
 Free Hugs for World Peace - Croatia. With the free hugs, we are trying to do an event to symbolize the union, and is the international day of peace in September 21. I know that without justice dont have anything good, but we have to try =)So far we have 23 cities from; Australia, Brazil, Canada, Croatia, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Pakistan, Philippines, Portugal & USA.
 Peace & love from Croatia,
 Dijana

Andreea Nedelescu

Since I don’t have much time to prepare this presentation, I will just write down the things that I love most: movies, travels, sports, books, volunteering and being active.
All this things are part of my life and had a great contribution to my personal development.
I have graduated the Faculty of Communication and Public Relation in Cluj Napoca, a very friendly town from Transilvania and I have also an Ma degree on Local and Regional Development Policy.
But the best part about me right now is that I have started to go out of my comfort zone and to make the most of the opportunities I have. And being  in Barcelona  as a participant of this training about peace and media is the best example. I really enjoy being here, in a crossroad of cultures and active people. I feel that this experience already started to enrich me and I can’t wait to see what the next days will bring. I  hope this is just the beginning of a beautiful friendship that will lead to great projects .




1 yorum: